Google
 

Friday, April 6, 2007

A Little Bit Of Heaven.....


As winter refuses to release us from her icey grip this year, I can't help but train my thoughts on Michigan's Au Sable River in the summertime. The photo on the left is one of my favorite overlooks above one of the greatest rivers for camping, canoeing, fishing, and of course photographing. (This was shot with a Nikon D50 with a 55-200mm AF-S DX Nikkor lens.) Although I usually spend a week here in July, I've decided, this year, to make the trip in June. I won't take the boat this time. It's more peaceful in a canoe, and I can get to places I normally wouldn't risk going in the boat. Of course, I'll be armed to the teeth with photo equipment....my trusty Nikon Digital SLR, several lenses, monopod, and any other camera gear I can lug around. I dream of days spent fishing for trout and bass as I walk the streams around Alcona County, and mornings and evenings shooting some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever laid eyes upon. Ransom me, Oh Summer, winter has held me captive far too long!

No comments: