Google
 

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Just A Bit Of Show and Tell....

I just feel like doing a little bit of show and tell today. The image you see, on the right, is a watercolor painting of a saw-whet owl. I found it in my basement when I was searching for Satan (see squirrel story below).

Some years ago, in the early 80s, I was very much into painting wildlife. Of course, someday I intended to make my fortune by winning the Federal Duck Stamp Contest. Then I could spend all my time painting. But, at the same time, I wasn't making a great deal of money even though all my work sold. I supplemented this by doing cartoons and selling them to newspapers and magazines. I'll post some of those in the coming days, but for now I just want to recall the peaceful afternoons in the nature preserves.

Maybe one of these days I'll dig up my old Windsor Newton paints and brushes and have another go at it.

1 comment:

Sunflower said...

hello,

Welcome to the blogosphere.
I enjoy reading your blog.

I used to collect stamps when I was in high school and university.

And now I am in an Expressive Painting program to explore my potential:-)

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and welcome back any time.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower